George Takei is a beautiful human being.
I love George Takei!
George Takei being amazing and mocking these sad, pathetic bigoted idiots in his glorious style
It is the best thing
LOOK AT ALL THIS STAR-SASS RIGHT HERE :D
I’m not even sorry for putting this on my blog. This is perfect.
R.I.P. The 2976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11 and R.I.P. the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi and 35000 Pakistani people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit
I am never ever doing this whole ‘take all overtime, no days off at all’-thing ever again.
HE DOESN’T EVEN LOOK ASHAMED
HE’S JUST LIKE
YEA, THAT’S ME, I DO THAT
Selfie with my lover mezmerak
(Image: screen cap of urban dictionary’s definition of radical feminism, in which the male submitter Lloyd Bradford, probably a men’s rights activist, perpetuating one of the many incorrect beliefs about what radical feminism truly is: a “hate-speech” movement wanting to take away the rights of men.)
“Radical feminism" is a type of feminism which focuses on the theory that the patriarchy is not simply male supremacy, but borne out of an oppressive system which oppresses women in all aspects of human civilization/society: language, culture, sex, media, representation, etc. Radical feminism aims to discover, and therefore eliminate, the “root” of female oppression: patriarchy. In truth, “radical” feminists, despite what their name implies, are not militant, violent, or hungry for the blood of all males. They simply want to liberate women from the oppression of the patriarchy, and do so by seeking out the roots and stems of the oppression of women in order to dismantle it.
"Radfem", the shortened term which generally describes radical feminism or radical feminists themselves, seeks to challenge and eventually end the patriarchal system by attacking all forms in which the patriarchy is supported and rooted. Radfems place their primary focus on women.
- Gender is not just a social construct, but a tool which the patriarchy has created to oppress those of the female sex specifically. While males experience some backlash regarding gender and how gender roles manifest themselves in everyone’s lives, it is nothing compared to the oppression that females experience under the gender hierarchy. Males have to worry about being seen as weak for crying and not being able to wear skirts without being made fun of…females have to worry about being raped, murdered, tortured and killed at the hands of males simply for being female.
- Women are oppressed in essentially all forms of human society, and we seek to address all of these forms of oppression, as well as educate others on it.
- Social conditioning plays a huge role in how women are treated by others (men and women), how women treat themselves, how society views women, and how women view themselves; this same social conditioning also establishes males to be dominant, while all others suffer the consequence of being seen as lesser.
- Radical feminism opposes the patriarchy by being politically and socially active. Radfems actively support change which would undermine the patriarchal system of oppression.
- Radical feminists oppose the patriarchy specifically, but do not want to take away the rights of anybody; instead, radical feminists want women to be completely liberated (not just “equal” to anyone) from the patriarchy in every aspect of society, which would mean attacking and taking away many, if not all of the privileges which men are given due to the patriarchy. This is often perceived by males as taking away their “rights.” However, a male’s “right” to dominate or otherwise subjugate females is not a right at all, but under patriarchy, males perceive it to be.
Common RadFem Terms (to be defined in better detail in later posts):
“Sex-Negative”: seeing the act of sex as having been a tool for the oppression of women, and criticizing the sexualization of absolutely anything, as sex has never been completely separate from social or political constructs. Tends to tie in with being anti-porn and anti-kink/kink-critical.
“Kink-Critical”: also sometimes called “anti-kink”; this is a term which describes someone who views sexual “kinks” (such as consensual “sexual violence”, BDSM, sexual sadism, and the like) critically and views kinks as extremely harmful, especially towards women, and as a form of oppression and abuse.
“Anti-Porn”: self-explanatory; porn and the porn-industry perpetuates the oppression of women by its popularization of the “female sex-object”, rape, and violence towards women, and those who are anti-porn seek to educate others about the harmfulness of porn and the pornography industry. There is no such thing as “helpful” or “healthy” porn.
“Gender-Critical/Gender-Abolitionist”: viewing gender as a social construct and tool for patriarchal oppression, specifically oppressing women, and wanting to totally eliminate it, as gender-based oppression benefits males at the expense of females.
RadFem101- Gender and gender-based oppression according to radical feminism*
(*to be linked once the article is finished)
I hear my mom shrieking downstairs, shouting up to me about “THE CATS! THE CATS!”
I run downstairs, thinking someone has died or something and see THIS:
I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO PUNCH SOMETHING TO GET OVER THE ADORABLENESS
They look like they’re about to break out in a musical number
HOLY SHIT. THESE ARE THE BEST CATS EVER
ok i have 0 friends on my new facebook pls add me!! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008282492760
peer pressure D: I ADDED YOU BUT MY NAME ISN’T AISLING I SUGGESTED LYSSA ON THERE
ginger is killing me with all of these frikkin’ cute kitty pictures like AUGH